- Glasses Guide FAQ
Glasses Guide FAQ
Glasses Guide FAQ
- Shopping Tips
- Reading Glasses Strength and Reading Test
- Glasses Frames -Our Sizing Information
- Eyeglass Frame Materials
- Eyeglass Lenses -Aspheric, AR, and more...
- Eye Problems and How Eyeglasses Work
- Clip-on Sizing Instructions
- Custom Sunglasses for Fun, Reading and Protection
- Designer Reading Glasses | About Quality
- Repairing Eyeglasses
- Gift Guide
- Strong Reading Glasses
- Low Power Reading Glasses
Glasses Guide-FAQ About Your Eyes, Eyeglasses, and more!
For help with finding and buying the perfect pair of reading glasses, see our Shopping Tips.
Shipping and Returns
Checking Out and My Account
Frames and Lenses
Blue Block and CVS
We ship USPS First Class for free to all U.S States and territories. Orders with over 1 item ship USPS Priority. We ship to Canada for $5.00 per item via USPS First Class International. All other international order are shipped USPS First Class International at the current rate by weight.
U.S customers get there orders typically within 4 to 7 days. Canada, 5 to 9 days. Other International between 7 and 14 days.
Since most of what we do is custom we cannot rush the delivery. If you need something quickly we will try to get it to you ASAP.
You can return any reading glasses within 30 days for a refund, as an exchange , or a store credit.
If you have an account with us you can log in, find your order and ask for a return authorization #, or RMA#. We will send you the RMA# and return address.
If you checked out as a guest you can request a RMA# by Contacting Us and including the reason for the return and your order#.
Yes, very. Not only is Big Commerce secure but so is PayPal which handles all PayPal account and credit card processing.
- Establishing an account provides you with several benefits.
- You can easily view your order history.
- Re-ordering items is much easier.
- You can post messages to us from your account.
- You can request product returns for refund or store credit.
- You get automatically signed up for our Rewards Program. - Accrue points for each purchase and redeem coupons for future sales.
- We do not share your information. Your account is secure.
You can sign up for an account by clicking the 'Sign Up' link at the top of the site.
If you check out as a guest you can still contact us via our Contact Page about your orders.
If you checked out as guest, you cannot see your order history. If you have an account simply log in and click Order History.
It is likely that the item has been discontinued by the manufacturer. We update our listings on a regular basis and try our hardest to not show products that are not available. There may be another reason however-
If the item you purchased before has either, "Tinted Reading Glasses", "Computer Reading Glasses", or "Blue Block Reading Glasses" in the name, then you can look for it under our Brands category. Here's an example: if you purchased a "Classics D04 Gunmetal Computer Reading Glasses", look on our Brands page for Classics D and then look for Classics D04 Gunmetal. That item will have all of our lens options on it and you can select the same powers you had before.
We eliminated our "Tinted Reading Glasses", "Computer Reading Glasses", and "Blue Block Reading Glasses" categories because of redundancy and to allow for a much wider frame selection with all lens options.
1. If you checked out as a guest then you will not have an account to sign in to.
2. If you did establish an account, make sure your e-mail address is the same as well as your password.
3. Account holders can reset their passwords with their original e-mail address.
We hate spam and annoying e-mails too. You will receive several automated e-mail notifications.
- A thank-you e-mail for establishing an account and/or for making a purchase.
- Your purchase invoice/receipt.
- A request for you to review your products/purchases. 2 notifications max for each order.
- Possibly but rarely, e-mails to you regarding your order. Back orders or questions we have.
If you have an account with us then you are automatically signed up for our RGE Rewards Program. As you make purchases you accrue points and once certain threshold are met, can redeem them for coupons towards future purchases. You will receive notifications informing you that:
1. You have accrued a number of points based on a recent purchase.
2. A "Un-Lock Your Coupon" notification. This gives you access to the coupon you are eligible for.
That's it. If you receive e-mails from us, other than what is shown above, we would like to know about it. Contact Us.
While we do offer a limited range of pre-made readers, they are from Cinzia Designs, and are the best we have seen. The cost reflects this, too. Most "pre-made", "ready readers", or disposable readers are typically made to be as cheap as possible:
- The frames are cheap plastic that do not hold their shape and break easily.
- The lenses are often cheap plastic or worse, acrylic, which scratch easily and are very thick and heavy.
- The frame sizes run small and do not run to large or extra large fits.
- Same powers both eyes which start at +1.00 and run to +3.00. No low or high powers.
- No anti-reflective coatings, no blue block, no tint unless they are sunglass tinted.
What we offer are custom reading glasses:
- Prescription quality frames in a huge range of styles and sizes.
- Prescription quality aspheric (thin) single vision polycarbonate lenses with scratch resistance and UV400 coating. (Included)
- Choices: Powers from zero to +4.00 in either eye.
- Choices: Blue block AR coatings, Blue block tints, and cosmetic tints in 5 colors and 4 tint depths.
- Custom rimless reading glasses. Light weight and you get them made just the way you want.
- Prescription reading glasses for usually only $10.00 more. If basic magnification doesn't work for you then we can help.
Select a frame. Select zero power or a reading power for each eye. Select a lens tint. Usually a 45% or 60% tint depth works best for sunglasses. Learn more about how to create a perfect pair of sunglasses or sunglass readers just for you.
The "Fit" is the way that the glasses fit from ear to ear. We provide optical frame sizes, 49-19-135, for example as well as fit. We have lots of information to help you with selecting the right frame fit here- Glasses Frames - Our Sizing Information.
Polycarbonate is a very hard material used in many applications for it's durability and impact resistance. Manufacturers use polycarbonate for things like protective, safety eyewear.
Polycarbonate as a lens material, has been refined over the years to provided distortion free optics as well as great eye protection. It is the most common standard lens material for eyeglass lenses. It is thinner than CR39 plastic and filters ultraviolet light to the maximum standard UV400nm while providing eye protection.
Aspheric, simply put, is a special way that lenses are made. Instead of having basic front and back lens curves, aspheric lenses are made so that the front curves are gradually flattened from center out resulting in thinner lenses and a more open field of vision without the common bulge effect associated with non aspheric lenses. They look nicer too as a result.
Our single vision reading glasses include aspheric polycarbonate lenses.
UV400 is a term used to express that a lens has the feature of filtering ultraviolet light to 400nanometers. UV400 lenses protect your eyes from any UV light coming into the lenses.
AR is short for Anti-Reflective Coating. Lenses with an AR coating reflect off glare. Lenses with AR are clearer to see through and look nicer as well because the lenses are not throwing off so much glare. Anti-reflective coatings pull more light through to your eyes and help with reading on computer screens as well as driving at night with distance vision glasses.
Our Mojo BluBlock AR and APEX BluBlock AR-T Coatings reflect off bad blue light allowing beneficial blue light through which is especially helpful for office, computer, and nighttime tablet use. Read more- BluBlock AR Coatings
Bifocal Reading Glasses have the reading power at the bottom of the lens and no power at the top of the lenses. Computer Bifocals have the reading power at the bottom of the lens and half that power at the top for computer distance. Both are lined 28mm bifocals.
Yes. You can choose any full rim frame and get bifocal lenses in them. Go here for the details.
No, not at this time.
Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) is a condition, often temporary, resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer or other display device for protracted, uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of CVS include headaches, blurred vision, neck pain, redness in the eyes, fatigue, eye strain, dry eyes, irritated eyes, double vision, vertigo/dizziness, polyopia, and difficulty refocusing the eyes. -(Wikipedia)
Over 90% of people that use computers more than 3 hours a day experience some or all of these symptoms. These problems are a result of the light from computer screens (blue light especially) as well as prolonged focusing at a single distance. Computer glare is also a factor and a bad viewing posture can cause headaches and neck pain.
Yes, our computer/monitor glasses (no reading power), computer reading glasses, and computer bifocals with our AR coatings and tints all help to alleviate most CVS issues by reducing glare and blocking blue light. Having the correct reading power helps with lack of focus of course. The exception would be neck and back pain which is a result of viewing posture.
Blue light from computer screens, iPads, tablets, cell phones and TV's has been found to cause problems like dizziness, headaches, eyestrain, and insomnia. It is also a contributor to Advanced Macular Degeneration (AMD). Filtering out bad blue light and UV light protects your eyes and helps to alleviate these problems. Read more about blue light here.
To be effective, blue block lenses need to filter blue light to 455/460nm. Because of the articles out there about blue light and the marketing for blue block products, people are under the incorrect assumption that all blue light is bad and needs to be blocked out. For the vast majority of people, only about 20% of the blue light spectrum needs to be filtered out.
- Our lenses filter UV to 400nm.
- Mojo BluBlock AR and Apex BluBlock AR-T filter blue light to 470nm, well into the safe range.
- Mojo BluBlock Tints filter blue light to ~470nm, well past the safe range.
- Why "approximately"? For various reasons scientists and researches have differing views on the electromagnetic spectrum range. Don't get too locked in to the numbers because they can vary 5 to 10nm.
We recommend the Mojo BluBlock AR lenses because they are clear and they do not effect the colors you see.
The Apex BluBlock AR-T lenses have a very light 1% amber tint for improved contrast. The should not effect the colors you see.
Everyone has different computer viewing habits and needs. For most people, our Mojo BluBlock AR option is the best way to go. For a bit more contrast for reading at night, our Apex BluBlock AR-T option is good. If you are particularly light sensitive, suffer from photophobia, or need outdoor or sunglass solutions, our Mojo BluBlock Tints are perfect.
Learn more about our Blue Block AR Computer Reading Glasses
Learn more about our Blue Block Tinted Reading Glasses
Learn more about our how to choose
Yes we do.Here's how:
- Simply add the frame to your cart with zero powers for both eyes.
- Click 'RX' at right of top navigation menu.
- Select the lens type that you want and click the link.
- Select the required option fields and upload your prescription and PD measurement.
- Add it to your cart and check out.
(Details and Instructions are included in the product descriptions.)
See our Rx page for more.
Generally we do not but we do make exceptions. If your frame is a optical quality prescription frame and it is in new condition, then we can probably make lenses for it. Removing and inserting lenses can be stressful to the frame so the risk is yours. If you are interested then Contact Us with what frame and lens type you want and we will get back to you.
Yes we offer them at Mojo Optical.com. Check it out!
Life is funny (and short). Get a grip. Go here and find out you troll.
Can I contribute my eyeglass or reading glasses related fun stuff to you?
Why yes pilgrim, you can. E-mail your brilliant eyeglasses related images, captions, stories, or top 10 lists here-
Didn't Find The Ultimate Answer? (it's 42)
Contact Us with your other questions.