[These are occupational lenses and do not provide distance vision at more than 10 feet. Available to U.S. customers only.]
About the Shamir Computer and Workspace Lenses
Shamir has designed two great lenses that address work and computer issues. These lenses are for people that need a wide field of vision at different distances. The lens materials, polycarbonate, 1.6 high index, and Trivex have Blue Zero. Blue Zero is a clear monomer that filters a degree of HEV blue light. Both lenses can be purchased on the same product page.
Shamir Computer viewing area is designed for up close reading to 5 feet away. These progressive lenses provide a very wide viewing area. These work particularly well for desk, computer work, even with dual monitors. Our most popular computer lens!
Shamir Workspace viewing area is designed for up close reading to 10 feet away. These progressive lenses provide a very wide viewing area for desk and computer work but also allow you to move around your office or similar environs.
Here is a couple of videos. More information can be found at the Shamir website.
Shamir Computer and Workspace Video:
Workspace 360 Video. Works with Google Chrome or Firefox browsers.
SHAMIR COMPUTER / WORKSPACE DETAILS
- Available in Polycarbonate, Trivex, and 1.6 High Index with Blue Zero filter.
- Available with AR Coatings
*HOW TO ORDER THESE LENSES:
We offer our progressive lenses to U.S. customers only. As long as your shipping address is in the U.S. you're fine. This is because of the shipping costs related to your Frame Trial and Fitting Height measurement. It works like this:
- Order up to 2 frames for trial. Find a frame and click Add To Cart. Do not select any lens type or options.
- Order the lenses. Go to either the SHAMIR WORKSPACE or SHAMIR COMPUTER lens page, configure the lenses, click Add To Cart.
Frame Trial and Fitting Height:
- Once your order is placed we will ship you the frames. Try them on and see if you like them. When you decide which frame you like, take a picture of yourself with them on. (We will send you instructions. It's easy.) E-mail us the image.
- When we get the image we will use our secure, proprietary software to obtain your PD and Fitting Height.
- Ship the frames back to us with the enclosed pre-paid return label.
- By the time the frames get back to us the lenses should be ready for processing. (The frame you don't want will be refunded.)
- We process and ship the completed pair back to you.
- All shipping is free via Priority Mail.
- Total turn-around from order to getting your completed glasses is about 2 weeks.
If you have any questions I would be happy to consult with you. Contact Us!
Steve Mower is a licensed dispensing Optician and creator of Mojo BluBlock Tints. Steve has over 30 years experience in the optical field. He has been a optical retail manager and has consulted on progressive lens development. Steve has been offering unique reading glasses solutions on-line since 2010. Steve is a member of Opticians Association of Virginia and Opticians Association of America.