The Ultimate in Blue Light/HEV AR Coatings
Steve Mower - June 11, 2020
Kodak Total Blue 1.6AR Lens is a hybrid of lens material and AR lens coatings that deliver excellent vision indoors, outdoors, every single day. These lenses are a combination of a special high index material in 1.6 index and a anti-reflective coating (AR Coating) that combined, filters and reflects >86% of High Energy Visible Blue Light (HEV). (As well as 100% of UV light.)
These lenses are very clear, with no tint in the lenses, and are the best option for most people. This is the absolute best clear, AR Coated blue block lens we have seen, as it offers the clearest vision without color distortion, and the highest UV/Blue Light/HEV protection. They work particularly well at reducing glare from fluorescent lighting. And oh yeah, the add-on is $80.00 versus $240.00+ in retail stores!
- The combination of a special monomer in the lens and a special AR coating, these lenses cut >86% of High Energy Visible (HEV) Blue Light.)
- Filters 100% of direct UV rays.
- Reduces glare and reflections caused by digital devices, LED lighting and energy-efficient compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Extremely clear vision without color distortion.
- 1.6 high index material is 15% thinner than poly and 30% thinner than CR39 plastic.
- Scratch resistant and easy-to clean. They have a one year warranty against scratching.
- Blue light reflecting AR coating on the front.
- Regular AR coating on the back so blue light does not reflect back into your eyes.
- Offers clear, natural vision with no color distortion.
Also, for zero power or prescription distance vision:
- Reduces squinting caused by bright outdoor light.
- Reduces glare from headlights.
- Helps with object recognition in low-light and night-driving conditions.
The Kodak Total Blue 1.6AR lenses are available in all of our full frame styles. These 1.6 high index lenses are very thin and are not available in rimless or semi-rimless frame styles. The option price for these is $80.00. They are available as reading lenses or prescription lenses for reading, computer or distance vision. Read more about all of our blue block AR lenses.
KODAK TOTAL BLU 1.6 AR POWER RANGE:
- Sphere Only Minus Powers = Zero to -8.00 sphere
- Sphere Only Plus Powers = +0.25 to +6.00 sphere
- Sphere and Cylinder Minus Powers = Zero to -4.00 sphere to -2.00 cylinder
- Sphere and Cylinder Plus Powers = +0.25 to +2.00 sphere to -2.00 cylinder
If your prescription falls outside these parameters we can help! Contact us!
Kodak Lens Clarity - 5 STARS
Kodak Blue Light Filter - 5 STARS
Steve Mower is a licensed dispensing Optician and creator of Mojo BluBlock Tints. Steve has over 30 years experience in the optical field. He has been a optical retail manager and has consulted on progressive lens development. Steve has been offering unique reading glasses solutions on-line since 2010. Steve is a member of Opticians Association of Virginia and Opticians Association of America.