Kodak Total Blue 1.6AR Lens (Hybrid)
The Ultimate in Blue Light/HEV Protection
Kodak Total Blue 1.6AR Lens is a new hybrid of lens material and AR lens coatings that deliver excellent vision indoors, outdoors, every single day. These lenses are a combination of a special high index material in 1.6 index and a anti-reflective coating (AR Coating) that combined, filters and reflects 50% of High Energy Visible Blue Light (HEV) to ~440nm. (As well as 100% of UV light.)
These lenses are very clear, with no tint in the lenses, and are the best option for most people. This is the absolute best clear, AR Coated blue block lens we have seen, as it offers the clearest vision without color distortion, and the highest UV/Blue Light/HEV protection.
- The combination of a special monomer in the lens and a special AR coating, these lenses cut 50% of High Energy Visible (HEV) Blue Light. Kodak says 80% protection with a test range of 380-780nm, filters/reflects to ~440nm. (Way above the industry standard of ~420nm.)
- Filters 100% of direct UV rays.
- Reduces glare and reflections caused by digital devices, LED lighting and energy-efficient compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Extremely clear vision without color distortion.
- 1.6 high index material is 15% thinner than poly and 30% thinner than CR39 plastic.
- Scratch resistant and easy-to clean.
- Blue light reflecting AR coating on the front.
- Regular AR coating on the back so blue light does not reflect back into your eyes.
- Offers clear, natural vision with no color distortion.
Also, for zero power or prescription distance vision:
- Reduces squinting caused by bright outdoor light.
- Reduces glare from headlights.
- Helps with object recognition in low-light and night-driving conditions.
The Kodak Total Blue 1.6AR lenses are available in all of our full frame styles. These 1.6 high index lenses are very thin and are not available in rimless or semi-rimless frame styles. The option price for these is $80.00. They are available as reading lenses or prescription lenses for reading, computer or distance vision. Read more about all of our blue block AR lenses.