Stick On Bifocals
- Stick On Bifocals
Stick on bifocals, sometimes known as stick on reading glasses, are a inexpensive alternative to clip on reading glasses, or flip up reading glasses. These stick-ons attach with water and are removable.
The Optx2020 Hydrotac Stick-on Bifocal Reading Lenses are 1.2" wide and come in powers of +1.25, +1.50, +1.75, +2.00, +2.50, and +3.00. You can apply them to prescription or non prescription glasses and sunglasses and they provide optically correct magnification for reading. The manufacturer has disclaimers as to not using these with glasses for driving. (See below)
1. Wash hands, glasses or sunglasses, and OPTX 20/20 Reading Lenses with liquid soap and warm water to remove any dust and oils. Rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water.
2. With clear, warm water in the inside of your sunglasses, press the lens onto the bottom 25% of each sunglass lens. Align lens with the bottom of your eyelashes and center with the center of your pupil.
3. To check for proper placement, put on your sunglasses and look through your OPTX 20/20 Reading Lenses. Placement adjustments are easily made by sliding your lenses while they are still wet.
4. When properly positioned, press the excess water gently to the sides. Pat dry with a lint-free towel. Allow the lenses to dry completely before using. OPTX 20/20 Reading Lenses are removable and can be reinstalled by repeating these instructions.
5. If the lenses extend below your frame, you can trim it with a sharp pair of sizzors.